How we came to be what we are!
Brüchert + Kärner was founded in 1930 as an engineering office by Hermann Brüchert and Ludwig Kärner. The people and their fields of business evolved over the years. The idea upon which today’s manufacturing business is based was hatched by Ulrich Schacht, who joined the family in 1968. He was tired of selling mass-produced doors and decided to invest in white door leafs, embellishing them by hand to create classical, white style doors. From here, our beautiful doors have been finding their way into beautiful houses. In the meantime, a new generation has taken charge. Since 2010, company management is in the hands of son-in-law Alexander von Bülow and long-time sales manager Kurt-Jürgen Anbuhl. Today, we employ around 160 staff members, who create the extensive range of “Beautiful Doors”.